Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say...

....On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day, That's the island greeting that we send to you From the land where palm trees sway.......Great Song! Originally sang by Bing Crosby of course.

Well, the family is almost here even though I spent half a day switching flights around thanks to the Snow Miser! We are but days away from sugar cookies, the sounds of caroling and sleighbells on rooftop ~ It's in the air yes indeed! The heat wave we're having, 'palm trees swaying' and air conditioning pumping has really gotten me thinking about the Christmas spirit. Is it in snowflakes and snowplows? Is that where the heart of christmas beats? Or the traditional midnight mass on the eve of our Christs birthday? I admit that celebrating christmas in shorts while sipping a margarita on my back porch might be out of the norm tradition wise, but then again where and when did snow become paired with christmas? A holiday that celebrtates the birth of Christ which took place in the desert. I have to say it does feel strange this year not having twinkling lights illuminating walkways of white blankets but boy does it feel great to sip those margaritas! Speaking of the spirit of things, let me share this great quote with you from Chris in the Morning (Alaska style) on caroling:

"I hear Christmas Carols -- All those Human voices Ascending to Heaven in a Harmonic Pyramid of Sound -- And I get very Zoned, very Light in my Galoshes. That happen to you?"
- Chris Stevens

This will be my last Entry until the New Year and My wish for you this very Special and Holy Holiday week is to stay warm with your loved ones near, share your blessings and spread the love (and have a drink for me). Until 2009 friends -- All my love and have a very merry Christmas, I hope to see you all soon in 2009!